Gar Insulation is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Gar Insulation in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
Caragh, Naas, Co. Kildare
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
WHO WE ARE?
- Gar Insulation is a Registered Installer for the SEAI/Grants Scheme.
- The team at Gar Insulation are highly qualified and trained in the business.
- We are experts in Cavity Wall Insulation and we are there to assist you in reducing your home heating costs.
- Gar Insulation will give you a very competitive price and ensure that you will be snug and warm in Ireland’s winters.
Our GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Mr Ger Reade
- Phone number: + 353 045 890328
PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
The data will be processed only in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was given. We may need to collect sensitive personal information relating to you or anyone to be named on your policy or residing in your household to process your application. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained the permission of that person to allow us to process their sensitive personal data as part of your application and to explain our Data Protection policy to them.
We may use your information for the purpose of complying with regulatory or legislative requirements, offering renewals, for research/statistical analysis and crime prevention. There may also be requirements to contact you by Email, Post, Phone, SMS Text for the purposes of discussing terms of an existing policy with us or any other query directly relating to an existing policy with us. When you request a quote from us, you may receive a phone call or text message and/or email in relation to that quote.
WHY WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR DATA? OUR LEGAL BASIS
In order for us to provide you with the service that you require, Gar Insulation need to collect your personal data.
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis – Gar Insulation needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to which the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
In any event Gar Insulation are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
HOW WILL GAR INSULATION USE THE PERSONAL DATA IT COLLECTS ABOUT ME?
Gar Insulation will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer, just like an image or a web page file. The difference with a cookie is that it contains information which allows a website to identify you as you click from one page to the next, or when you return to the website. It can also be used to allow personalisation of a website.
The cookies used and the information held within them have no personal information and cannot be used to identify you as a person. For this reason, we consider our cookies to be completely non-intrusive.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and could prevent you from completing some purchases through our site.
We may partner with or receive services from third parties which you can visit from our website. We may also embed external content and features from such third parties within our website (e.g. social media networks such as Twitter and Facebook). In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
The cookies we use do not contain any sensitive information such as your name, address or any payment details. Sensitive information which you choose to provide to us as part of the quotation process is stored securely and is not collected in the form of a cookie. Only information which is relevant to your visit to our website is stored in the form of a cookie, for example if you have visited our site previously.
TYPES OF COOKIES
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily and to see how effective and relevant content and page positioning is.
- Marketing Cookies. These cookies are required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.
The option to Accept All or Decline will appear on a banner on the bottom of our website. If you choose to decline, you will still be able to use the site but some things might not work properly.
You can change your cookie preferences for Analytics Cookies on the Website at any time by clicking on the Cookie Settings option at the bottom right of our website.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- WP GDPR Cookie Consent Preferences
- This cookie is set by Youtube.
- Placed by YouTube to store location data
- This cookie is set by YouTube to keep track of user preferences for YouTube
- Facebook pixel advertising cookie
SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
WHO ARE WE SHARING YOUR DATA WITH?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Gar Insulation in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Gar Insulation procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Third-party service providers contracted to Gar Insulation.
- Insurance industry databases for fraud prevention purposes.
- Regulatory or legislative bodies.
We have issued all our third-party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you, the data subject, are available.
DATA SUBJECTS RIGHTS
Ger Insulation facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Gar Insulation refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Gar Insulation will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Gar Insulation or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Gar Insulation representatives GDPR Owner.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE FURTHER INFORMATION
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on Phone: + 353 45 890328 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org